POSITION: BUILDING SERVICES TECHNICIAN I NON-EXEMPT
CLOSING DATE: October 16, 2019 REPRESENTED
SALARY RANGE: $34,258 - $36,344 / year + excellent benefit package
JOB SUMMARY: The Building Services Technician I is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the
Bellingham Housing Authority’s owned and managed facilities contributing to a safe, healthy and functional
living environment for residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs a variety of floor care duties such as mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming,
sweeping and shampooing.
2. Maintains trash collection, recycling and pet stations. Places trash/recycling in appropriate containers,
safely operates dumpster caddy, cleans trash room, pet stations and compactor components.
3. Maintains BHA facilities including all common areas and offices. Cleans all surfaces, removes trash,
cleans windows and replaces light bulbs.
4. Completes minor maintenance and custodial work order tasks as directed in a timely and efficient
manner, including reviewing task, acquiring supplies, and performing task.
5. Cleans vacated units.
6. Walks property interiors and exteriors. Picks up and disposes of trash, removes items from trash
enclosures and identifies areas of tenant non-compliance and areas in need of attention or repair.
Reports findings to maintenance and leasing staff for additional follow-up.
7. Performs routine pest control functions as needed.
8. Assist with garbage and furniture pickup and delivery to refuse locations.
9. Performs regular roof and solar panel cleaning.
10. Programs call boxes and delivers keys/cards.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
11. Maintains equipment in clean and proper working order.
12. Properly requisitions necessary supplies.
13. On occasion works overnight to wax floors.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
This position primarily works indoors in vacant housing units, "community" areas and administrative areas of
housing authority facilities. Some work is performed on the ground’s areas adjoining these facilities.
Incumbents must be able to effectively utilize cleaning tools such as vacuums, buffers, carpet cleaners, etc. and
properly handle cleaning chemicals. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a routine basis and 75 lbs with
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to climb on and around surfaces to be cleaned and perform moderately heavy manual labor.
• Knowledge and proper use of cleaning techniques, equipment, and chemicals.
• Ability to read, write, understand the English language, follow and understand oral and written instructions.
• Knowledge of fall protection and safety practices.
• Ability to work with and around a wide range of people.
• Ability to perform minor maintenance work.
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
• Ability to properly follow Safety Data Sheets.
• Ability to recognize and guard against unsanitary conditions and hazards, including removal and disposal of biohazards. Performs assigned work in a safe manner.
• Knowledge of pest control techniques.
• Maintain dependable, punctual attendance.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• One year of uninterrupted work experience and experience using a variety of cleaning tools such as vacuums, buffers, and carpet cleaners.
TO APPLY: For the full job description and to download forms below, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F).
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER