BUILDING SERVICES TECHNICIAN II
DECEMBER 28, 2018
$35,443 – $44,450 plus benefit/retirement package
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs general cleaning; janitorial functions and basic, routine maintenance functions at Bellingham Housing Authority owned and managed buildings to contribute to a clean, safe, healthy and functional living environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs a variety of floor care duties such as mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming, sweeping and shampooing.
2. Maintains trash collection and recycling. Places trash/recycling in appropriate containers, cleans trash room and compactor components.
3. Maintains all common areas, including lobbies, halls, community rooms, restrooms, stairwells, elevator cabs, building exteriors, etc. General cleaning of all surfaces, trash removal, window cleaning, general cleaning and light bulb replacement.
4. Completes work order tasks as directed, including reviewing task, acquiring supplies, and performing task.
5. Cleans vacant units.
6. Walks property interiors and exteriors. Picks up and disposes of trash, removes items from trash enclosures and identifies areas of tenant non-compliance and areas in need of attention or repair. Reports findings to maintenance and leasing staff for additional follow-up.
7. Restores and renovates vacant units. Demolishes items to be replaced and removes trash. Performs light plumbing and electrical work. Additionally, performs paint preparation and wall painting. Maintains floors, carpentry, and windows.
8. Assists maintenance laborers with basic building system, plumbing and electrical repairs.
9. Completes work orders in an efficient, timely manner.
1. One year of uninterrupted work experience and experience using a variety of cleaning tools such as vacuums, buffers, and carpet cleaners.
2. Valid Washington State driver's license and verified safe driving record according to BHA standards.
3. High School Diploma or GED.
4. Criminal records background check is required.
TO APPLY: For the full job description and to download forms go to www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F).
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click here for the Job Description
Click here for the Employment Application