OPEN UNTIL FILLED
$41,160 to $51,624 plus benefit/retirement package
JOB SUMMARY: Performs accounting support functions contributing to the collection, maintenance, and reporting of timely and accurate financial and accounting information. This position specializes in billings, accounts receivable or accounts payable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains tenant accounting system, including generating statements, preparing journal vouchers for tenant accounts receivable, processing move-outs, maintaining tenant records and processing tenant payments.
2. Maintains Section 8 accounting, including processing tenant and landlord charges, processing monthly and annual reports, posting charges, processing payments, maintain lease assignments and updated information.
3. Maintains collections accounts. May appear in court on related cases as needed.
4. Provides tenant and landlord customer service, including providing accounting-related information, responding to questions, and tenant/landlord reporting for government agencies.
5. Prepares and coordinates paperwork for eviction process.
6. Acts as a back-up to maintain the fixed asset and equipment inventory. Performs physical inventory, adds new items to the inventory database, and disposes or transfers inventory assets, as appropriate.
7. Acts as a back-up to maintain daily cash management, including bank deposits, maintaining petty cash fund, and reporting.
8. Acts as a back-up to process vendor billings and accounts payable for assigned programs (Section 8 portability, Shelter Plus Care, and HOPWA).
9. Acts as a back-up to payroll as needed. Processes payroll and prepares payroll reports. Assists in annual
salary budget preparation and administration.
10. Performs other accounting-related duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree with emphasis in accounting and general business curriculum.
• Minimum of two years of accounting experience which may include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and quarterly reports.
• Valid Washington State driver's license and verified safe driving record according to BHA standards.
• Criminal records background check is required.
TO APPLY: Download forms at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at
208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F).
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER