POSITION: CUSTODIAN HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT, REPRESENTED
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY RANGE: $31,450 to $39,458 plus benefit/retirement package
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs general cleaning and janitorial functions at Bellingham Housing
Authority owned and managed buildings (high-rises, scattered units, maintenance shop, and administrative
facilities), hallways, community rooms, garbage rooms, vacated units, elevators, stairways, restrooms, and
all other common areas to assist in maintaining neat and clean facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs a variety of floor care duties such as mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming,
sweeping and shampooing.
2. Maintains trash collection and recycling. Places trash/recycling in appropriate containers, cleans
trash room and compactor components.
3. Maintains all common areas, including lobbies, halls, community rooms, restrooms, stairwells etc.
General cleaning of all surfaces, trash removal, window cleaning, and light bulb replacement.
4. Completes work order tasks as directed, including reviewing task, acquiring supplies, and
5. Cleans vacated units.
6. Walks property interiors and exteriors. Picks up trash, and identifies and reports areas in need of
attention or repair.
7. Performs routine pest control functions as needed.
1. One year of uninterrupted relevant work experience.
2. Experience using a variety of cleaning tools such as vacuums, buffers and carpet cleaners.
3. Valid Washington State driver's license and verified safe driving record according to BHA standards.
4. High School Diploma or GED.
5. Criminal records background check is required.
TO APPLY: Download forms at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk,
located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F)
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Affirmative Action Form