POSITION: HOUSING CLERK, NON-EXEMPT/SALARY
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY RANGE: $37,320 - $46,824/plus benefits
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides a broad range of administrative support and receptionist functions contributing to the overall effectiveness of the department. Works cooperatively with and supports the efforts of the Leasing Specialists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains waiting lists for various housing programs. Prepares and sends applicable correspondence and processes applications.
2. Processes clients for various housing programs, including applicant screening, applicant interviews, eligibility determinations, waitlist management, program compliance, applicant housing assignment and notification.
3. Schedules and completes a variety of initial eligibility appointments for applicants; collects and verifies appropriate documentation and information; determines if applicants are eligible for assistance; explains program rules and regulations.
4. Serves as primary backup to Receptionist and provides front desk coverage daily. Handles day to day functions of basic reception duties including but not limited to processing deposits, distributing marketing materials, and distributing mail.
5. Assists clients with completing and turning in application, recertification and other required information.
6. Maintains annual recertification process through report monitoring/distribution, notifications, and applicant processing.
7. Monitors and maintains incoming “portable” inquiries, provides appropriate forms and processes application materials.
8. Processes assignments for leases and contracts.
9. Schedules and tracks HQS inspections.
10. Maintains compliance with HUD’s Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System and BHA database including report pulling, review, analysis and management.
11. Applies independent judgments to complex housing needs in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with continually changing regulatory rules, HUD regulations and BHA policies and procedures.
12. Assists with other administrative work and special projects, as assigned.
13. May provide bilingual support.
TO APPLY: Download the full job description and the employment application at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F).
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, COVER LETTER & RESUME WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Affirmative Action Form