POSITION: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
(for first consideration, apply by 4 p.m., January 20, 2017)
SALARY RANGE: $44,886 - $56,303 plus benefits
This position performs skilled troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and inspection of Bellingham Housing Authority equipment, facilities, and appliances to contribute to a safe, healthy, and functional living environment.
1. Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and repair of wide variety of residential and commercial buildings, systems, grounds, equipment and utilities. Strong knowledge of standard construction, maintenance and safety practices.
2. Works at roof-level heights while performing construction tasks.
3. Understands oral and written instructions. Able to read, write and understand English language. Able to read and interpret blue prints and technical service manuals.
4. Possesses working knowledge of pest control techniques.
5. Performs locksmith services at a highly skilled level.
6. Thoroughly understands HVAC systems, including hydronic boilers and their controls.
TO APPLY: You can download an application packet from our website www.bellinghamhousing.org or pick up a packet at our office located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, Washington. All applications must include an application form, résumé and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Download the: Job Announcement
Download the: Affirmative Action Form
Download the: Job Application Form
A REPRESENTED, NON-EXEMPT POSITION
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER