POSITION: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Temporary, 12 Month Position) HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT, REPRESENTED
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY RANGE: $44,221 to $55,474 plus benefit/retirement package
JOB SUMMARY: This position is only for a 12 month term. This position performs skilled maintenance and
repair of Bellingham Housing Authority appliances, equipment and facilities to contribute to a safe, healthy, and
functional living environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs vacant unit restoration/renovation. Repairs and/or replaces carpentry, plumbing, painting,
windows, screens, electrical, walks, floors, etc.
2. Performs repairs and maintenance of heating, cooling and exhaust systems, including boilers, pumps,
fans, thermostats, ducts, gas piping, valves, controls, registers, baseboards, filters, and emergency
3. Performs building system repairs, maintenance and carpentry of all building systems, including cabinets,
counters, flooring, drywall, ceilings, roofing, trim, doors, windows, paint and varnish, foundations, crawl
spaces and drive/walkways.
4. Performs plumbing systems maintenance and repairs, including bath, kitchen, sprinklers, hot water,
heating, etc. Repairs or replaces fixtures, water heaters, drain clogs, toilet stoppages, and stuck valve
5. Performs repairs to electrical systems and maintenance equipment, appliances, distribution panel
(switches and outlets), circuitry, telephone, and cable. Repairs or replaces circuit breakers, complex
system components, defective fixtures, etc.
6. Performs troubleshooting and diagnosis. Assesses repairs needed and determines best remedy
7. Applies appropriate pesticides for control of insects, rodents and birds.
8. Performs duties related to lock and key control including "combinating" locks on new construction and
re-combinating locks on existing units as needed.
9. Requisitions to replenish inventory.
10. Completes work orders in a timely fashion.
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two years of vocational or trade school in mechanical repairs,
carpentry, electrical repair, and/or plumbing repair with a journey level of skill. One year of school can
be substituted for each full year of experience up to two years of experience.
2. Five years of work experience in housing and facilities maintenance. Also, experience using
construction and repair equipment, including saws (hand, table, skill, and radial arm), drills, plumbing
tools, electrical tools, sanders, and ladders.
TO APPLY: Download forms at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk,
located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F)
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Affirmative Action Form