JOB TITLE: Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator, EXEMPT/SALARY
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
The Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator performs a variety of assignments associated with procurement and contracts, including assisting in the development, maintenance and control of the organization’s procurement processes and contracts administration. The Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator works under the direction of the Development Manager and with the Development Coordinator to assure compliance with all BWCHA, City, State and Federal regulatory procurement requirements. The Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator assists the Development Manager in assuring organizational and regulatory requirements are complete during procurement for micro purchases, quotations for small purchase (QSP), Invitations for Bids (IFB), Requests for proposals (RFP), and requests for qualifications (RFQ). The Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator assists as necessary in the coordination, monitoring and compliance of prevailing wage requirements; assists as necessary in the coordination, monitoring and compliance of Section 3 requirements; assists as necessary in the administration of contracts, project manuals, contract compliance, bid forms, bid openings and vendor and contractor compliance. The Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator performs purchasing, including buying, insurance monitoring, vendor documents, vendor outreach, contract maintenance and monitoring duties, and difficult and specialized assignments in support of the Development Manager. Maintains and monitors internet site and electronic document management system. At the discretion of Management this position will: supervise clerical and/or administrative support staff, in order to efficiently complete work projects by instructing staff regarding work procedures, assignments and standards, and monitor work in progress. This position is responsible for performing related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists the Development Manager in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies and procedures; and, in the establishment of innovative methods for providing efficient and timely procurement services.
2. Recommends procedures to review and evaluate requisitions for supplies, materials, equipment, and services to completeness and accuracy; assisting in advising BWCHA staff relating to procurement standards, commodity supply sources and procurement timeliness.
3. Assists the Development Manager in preparing written documents such as Request for Bids (RFB’s), Request for Proposals (RFP’s), Request for Information (RFI’s), Request for Qualifications (RFQ’s), etc., as well as obtaining informal quotes ensuring that city, state, and federal laws are being followed.
4. Reviews contracts and procurement documents and forms for completeness and compliance with BWCHA policies and procedures; keeps informed of market conditions, trends and new products; and evaluates vendor performance.
5. Prepares a variety of reports related to Procurement and Contract activities.
6. Provides courteous, respectful, honest, timely and professional information to all BWCHA staff, vendors, program participants, visitors and partners for all procurement activities and services in accordance with BWCHA’s Policies.
7. Works courteously with customers in order to identify and resolve problems.
8. Communicates purchasing-related policies and procedures to BWCHA employees, vendors, personnel from other government agencies, and the general public.
9. Interact with suppliers on a daily basis to resolve transactional issues and gather critical information invoices, tracking info, tax docs. etc.
10. Provides procurement administrative support by purchasing supplies, equipment and materials.
11. Contacts vendors to solicit bids/proposals for materials, supplies and equipment, analyzes and tabulates bids/proposals and quotations for goods and services for both stock and special orders; researches availability, quality and price of items on order and prepares summary documentation placing orders accordingly.
12. Provides procurement support by following up on purchases, notifying vendors of shortages and damages, billing and payment errors, and making corrections as needed.
13. Maintains a variety of logs and records related to purchasing, and compiles and maintains a vendor data base.14. Performs additional duties as required by management.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
This position functions primarily in an office environment. Incumbents must be able to effectively utilize computers and related software, computer printers, photocopier, fax, and telephone system (multiple line).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Licenses or Certificates
This position works primarily in an office environment. May require lifting up to 40 pounds.
The ability to work effectively with and for a wide variety of people while maintaining a courteous, friendly and tactful manner. Working in an environment characterized by continual interruptions from staff and clients.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Application Form