BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY
P.O. Box 9701, Bellingham, WA 98227-9701
TEL: (360) 715-7330 FAX: 676-7747
OPENING DATE: September 27, 2016
POSITION: HOUSING SUPPORT SPECIALIST CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SALARY RANGE: Starts at $45,060, plus excellent benefit package
JOB SUMMARY: The primary focus of this position is to act as Housing Authority representative to residents for public housing units and similar housing programs. This position provides regular, on-site social work and referral services at facilities owned and/or managed by Bellingham Housing Authority for seniors, persons with disabilities and families. This position performs tasks as necessary to provide supportive services to residents, including resident retention, public relations, direct resident contact. Keeps familiar with the social service needs of residents and makes appropriate referrals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate with others, using courtesy, tact, and good judgment, and the ability to deal equally and fairly with tenants.
• Ability to write clearly and legibly.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to apply common sense in a variety of situations and to keep composure in emergency situations.
• Ability to understand and work well with government, private agencies and other organizations. Ability to develop working relationships with city, county, state and federal agencies for the purpose of acquiring support and cooperation for reducing criminal activity in and around housing properties.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with sensitive records and information.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to read, interprets, and apply local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social services, psychology or related field.
• Experience working in a social service setting, preferably with the elderly, mentally ill, and/or disabled, is desirable.
Licenses or Certificates:
• Current Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or Licensed Advanced
Social Worker (LASW) WA certification preferred, but not required.
• Valid Washington State driver’s license (within 30 days of employment) and an acceptable driving record according to BHA standards.
TO APPLY: Download forms at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 10am-4pm (M-Th.)
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THIS IS A BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
Click here for: Job Application
Click here for: Applicant Data Sheet