Position: Groundskeeping Aide Hourly, Non-Exempt, Represented
Opening Date: March 23, 2014
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled
Salary Range: $29,890 to $37,502 plus benefit/retirement package
Full time, year round position. Performs general grounds care maintenance, and labor tasks, such as picking up debris, hauling trash, roof and rain gutter cleaning and sanitation needs. Operates and maintains care of power grounds equipment and hand tools.
1. Ability to work independently, quickly, and effectively.
2. Ability to deal with the public and other employees with courtesy and professionalism.
3. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
4. Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in grounds care work.
5. Ability to make minor repairs and adjustments to lawn/landscaping equipment with direction from supervisor or Maintenance Mechanic.
6. Physical condition and sufficient strength to remain on feet for full eight hours and perform moderately heavy manual labor.
7. Provide snow removal service.
8. General cleaning and upkeep of parking areas and dumpster enclosures.
9. Washington State Pesticide Applicator’s License a plus, although not required.
1. Six months' continuous experience in lawn and landscaping care.
2. Valid Washington State driver's license and verified safe driving record.
3. High School Diploma or GED.
4. Criminal records check is required upon job offer.
Obtain application packet at www.bellinghamhousing.org or from the front desk of the Housing Authority at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA 98225. For more information, call BHA Human Resources Office at 360.715.7330.
The Bellingham Housing Authority is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
Download the Affirmative Action Form
Download the Job description
Download the Job Application Form
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.