HOUSING CLERK POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION: HOUSING CLERK HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT
CLOSING DATE: 5 p.m., November 30, 2016 REPRESENTED
SALARY RANGE: starts at $35,844. Annually, plus benefits
This position provides a broad range of administrative support and receptionist functions contributing to the overall effectiveness of the department. Works cooperatively with and supports the efforts of the Leasing Specialists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Creates, and maintains multiple program waiting lists simultaneously while ensuring program compliance. Monitors waitlist times, the need for applicants, makes appropriate selections, and maintains adequate applicant pools.
2. Prepares and completes forms, correspondence and documents to verify eligibility including, but not limited to, background screening, income verifications and family composition. Creates/maintains computer and hard copy confidential client files. Refers to community and public agencies for applicant eligibility. Denies eligibility assistance and cancels files when necessary.
3. Ability to explain complex eligibility requirements to clients and other program rules/requirements.
4. Applies independent judgments to complex housing needs in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with continually changing regulatory rules, HUD regulations and BHA policies and procedures.
1. Works effectively and cooperatively with a wide range of people, using courtesy, compassion and tact.
2. Interprets and applies program information in making work decisions and in providing information to others.
3. Works effectively with frequent interruptions.
· Two years experience in residential rental property management or social services environment with administrative support and/or bookkeeping experience.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Criminal records check is required.
· Must posses a valid driver's license and be able to attain a valid Washington State driver’s license within six months of employment. Must have and maintain a driving record that meets the minimum standards as established by the Housing Authority insurance provider.
TO APPLY: Download forms at www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9:30am-4pm (M-Th.)
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicant Data Sheet