OPENING DATE: March 11,
CLOSING DATE: Open until
SALARY RANGE: Starts at
$58,548, plus excellent benefit package
JOB SUMMARY: The Housing Programs
Supervisor is a management position, responsible for supervising and training
staff who administer housing programs. Responsibilities include all aspects
related to the Section 8 Certificate and Voucher Program, Shelter Plus Care and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
• Working knowledge of interpretation and implementation of
federal, state, local, and Housing Authority related regulations.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Low-Income Tax-credit knowledge and experience preferred.
• Public Housing knowledge and experience preferred.
• Ability to supervise personnel using team building and conflict
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff,
residents, representatives of outside agencies and the public.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. and four years of increasingly
responsible experience in Section 8 Rental Assistance Housing, or
• Bachelor’s Degree and two years of supervisory experience, or
• Combination of education and experience which provides the
applicant with the requisite skills.
• Advanced Section 8 Management Certification within six months of
employment and Section 8 Occupancy Certification within one year of employment.
• Valid Washington
State Driver's License and a good driving record.
SELECTION PROCESS: Submit
an application, resume, and cover letter.
Please include in your cover letter your detailed
experience for each of the following points:
1. Demonstrated personnel management skills including
team building, maximization of performance potential, and conflict resolution.
2. Experience in housing program (or other program)
regulations, policies, and procedures.
IS AN EXEMPT LEVEL POSITION
TO APPLY: Download forms at
www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at
208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA.
Hours: 10am-4pm (M-Th.)
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701,
BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
BELLINGHAM WHATCOM COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Download the: Affirmative Action Form
Download the: Job Application Form