Position: Accounting Technician
Opening Date: September 28, 2015
Closing Date and Time: October 12, 2015 at 4pm
Salary Range: Starts at $39,516 annually, plus full benefit package.
Performs accounting support functions contributing to the collection, maintenance, and reporting of timely and accurate financial and accounting information. This position specializes in accounts receivable, accounts payable, billings, collections and evictions.
• Associates Degree with emphasis in accounting and general business, OR Two-Year Certificate Program in Accounting
• Two years accounting experience is preferred, which may include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and quarterly reports.
• Valid Washington State Driver's License (within 30 days of employment) and an acceptable driving record (according to BHA standards).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of established manual and automated accounting systems.
• Ability to solve routine technical accounting problems.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the organization.
• Ability to interpret and comply with established accounting policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent telephone skills.
You can download an application packet at the Authority’s website www.bellinghamhousing.org, or pick up a packet at our office located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, Washington between 10am and 4pm, Monday-Thursday. Important: All applications must include the application form, a resume and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This is a bargaining unit position.
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Download the Affirmative Action Form
Download the Job Application Form
Download the Job Description