Thank you for your interest in the Housing Choice Voucher program! Landlord participation is integral to this program’s success and the lives of so many in our community. If you’re already a participating landlord, thank you! If you are interested in becoming a Housing Choice landlord, please contact us at (360) 527-4618.
The Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program is the federal government’s major program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. The Housing Choice Voucher program provides rental assistance on behalf of the family or individual, and allows participants to find their own affordable housing in the private market.
Why become a Housing Choice Landlord?
· Be a part of solving our community’s affordable housing crisis.
· Guaranteed, on-time payment of BHA’s portion of the rent.
· Stable rent: If a tenant’s income drops, BHA may be able to increase its share to ensure landlords continue to receive full rent.
· BHA conducts initial and biennial unit inspections. BHA may also complete additional inspections at the Landlord’s request if circumstances warrant it.
· Assistance with completing the City of Bellingham’s Rental Registration Safety Inspection Program.