Dear residents, clients, and friends of the Housing Authority:
The health and well-being of our residents, clients, and staff is our highest priority. As the situation surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are committed to staying up-to-date and responding to recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Washington State Department of Health, the Whatcom County Health Department, and the City of Bellingham.
The Bellingham and Whatcom County Housing Authorities are closely following the guidance of public health officials and staying open with regular business hours. While we are operating as usual, we are also working on contingency plans and preparing for changing circumstances. We will keep the public informed of any operational changes through our website.
Steps we’re taking:
- Hand sanitizers are available at all reception areas for public use
- We are bringing on temporary staff who will be regularly sanitizing surfaces in our reception area, as well as doors, railings, elevators, and high-use areas in our public housing, Catherine May Apartments, and Birchwood Manor
- All staff are directed to wash hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- Staff have been reminded of our sick leave policy, and we ask staff to remain home if any signs of illness are present
- We have developed a task force consisting of senior staff who are staying apprised of the latest information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Washington State Department of Health, the Whatcom County Health Department, and the City of Bellingham, and will keep the public informed of any operational changes.
Our recommendations to our residents and visitors:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face (especially eyes, nose, and mouth)
- If you were planning to visit our offices but have symptoms of illness, please stay home
- Our staff is available by phone or email. You may also call us at 360-676-6887 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw tissues away after each use (then wash your hands for 20+ seconds!)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
We are monitoring the evolving situation closely and will announce any further changes and updates. Thanks for your understanding and support. Stay safe and healthy!
Brien Thane, Executive Director/CEO