BHA envisioned a project that would provide rental housing and commercial space on the site and serve as a catalyst for the revitalization of Samish Way. As the developer of 36 rental properties consisting of 1,614 affordable housing units and 8 commercial spaces, BHA saw this site as a unique opportunity to increase the much-needed affordable housing supply and create economic development opportunities in the area, two of the City’s top strategic priorities.
At completion, BHA will transform the site by building approximately 172 affordable rental homes in three buildings and adding 20,000 square feet of commercial space along the Samish Way frontage. This mixed-use, mixed-income, intergenerational, development will provide:
- A range of affordable rents from 30% Area Median Income to Market Rate
- 53 apartments for senior citizens age 62 and older
- 14 apartments for families transitioning out of homelessness
- 25 apartments for families with a member who is living with a disability
- An integrated and sustainable design promoting a more walkable neighborhood
- Interior courtyard green space recreational area and open space preserved at all 3 street corners