In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency the Bellingham/Whatcom County Housing Authorities (BWCHA) offices are open for business but closed to the public until further notice. BWCHA personnel are still available to assist you, but we are operating in shifts and/or working remotely.
Additionally, BWCHA has taken the following steps in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 while maintaining continuity of service:
- Our lobby is currently closed to walk-in traffic
- All in-person appointments have been canceled
- Annual and biennial HQS inspections are postponed
- Initial HQS Inspections will continue for vacant units, at the inspector’s discretion
- If it is determined that an initial inspection cannot safely be completed, it will be postponed until it’s safe to complete it.
- New tenant-based Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) are not being issued
- Maintenance staff will respond to emergency work orders only
- Increased sanitization efforts are taking place at BWCHA properties
Please note annual and interim re-certifications will continue to be processed. If you need to submit paperwork or report changes, please use one of the following methods:
- Email items or information directly to your Housing Coordinator
- Emails can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org if direct contact information is not known
- Deposit items in the drop box by our lobby entrance at 208 Unity Street Bellingham, WA
- Mail items to PO Box 9701 Bellingham, WA 98227
Phone messages are monitored regularly but during this time we will be communicating primarily by email, and there may be delays in our response time.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work to protect the health and safety of our community.