HR Coordinator/ Exempt, Non-Represented
Open Until Filled / First Review October 21, 2021 / 8:00am
$51,947 – $55,647
Prorated to 30 Hours per week
New hires generally start between step 1-3, $51,947 to $55,647. Placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. The current full salary range for this position is between $51,947 – $68,404/year.
This position provides personal and confidential assistance to the HR/Executive Services Manager by providing a broad range of technical, administrative, and human resources support which contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Executive Department and BHA. The HR Coordinator assists the HR Manager/ESM with daily operations & fulfillment of the annual work plan, administers employee compensation plans and other HR programs, compiles reports, supports recruitment & promptly responds to employee questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides general administrative support to the HR Manager/ESM and the Executive Director/CEO, including compiling and composing various documents and reports; organizing and attending various meetings; and performing special projects and research for the HR Manager/ ESM.
- Independently performs administrative and clerical support functions in accordance with policies, procedures, laws, rules, regulations, confidentiality, and other requirements.
- Provides back-up administrative support for Board meetings. Assists in planning and preparation of meetings. May prepare minutes in a timeframe conducive with established practices.
- Full-cycle recruiting. Assists in hiring process by writing and posting job openings, processing applications, performing background checks, and contacting applicants concerning the hiring process; conducts background and reference checks; presents job offers.
- Assists with other personnel-related duties as assigned, including performing new employee orientations, gathering data and submitting government-regulated reports, responding to public disclosure requests, and creating and maintaining personnel files.
- Conducts biannual requests for employees’ drivers’ abstracts and proof of insurance to ensure their insurability status.
- Coordinates special projects and research for the HR Manager / ESM. Arranges special events assigned by the HR Manager / ESM.
- Assists in organization of meetings, calendar maintenance, scheduling appointments and time management.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and crew members relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level staff or management.
- Support FMLA administration
- Maintains the human resource information system (HRIS) records and reports. Updates, maintains, purges, audits and archives databases, files, records and other documents in the Executive Department according to established procedures.
- Conduct New Hire benefits orientations and communicate complex benefits information to staff.
Other Job Functions
- Provides notary services as needed.
- Performs other administrative support-related duties as assigned.
This position functions primarily in an office environment. Incumbents must be able to effectively utilize keyboard, computers and related software, computer printers, adding machine, photocopier, multiple-line telephone system, and fax.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Good organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and accomplish routine and emergent tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and use initiative and judgment to anticipate problems and balance workload requirements with time management. Also, the ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- General human resource management knowledge and skills in legal and functional areas, including:
- Current local, state, and federal labor law
- Recruitment, selection and staffing practices
- Affirmative Action
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee relations
- Labor/union relations management
- Employee training and development
- Personnel File Administration Practices
- General knowledge of the following:
- OSHA and WISHA laws
- Public Disclosure laws
- ADA laws
- Safety and Health requirements
- Office management knowledge and skills in the following:
- State RCW’s governing housing authorities
- Public relations skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required and to handle sensitive information appropriately.
- Ability to listen attentively and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in clear, concise language that is appropriate for the purpose and parties addressed.
- Computer operation and variety of software including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Basic working understanding of the organization’s programs, policies, and terminology.
Education & Experience
- BA and three years of increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources, preferably in the public sector, non-profit or service delivery field, or a combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the requisite skills
Licenses or Certificates
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License (within 30 days of employment) and an acceptable driving record (according to BHA standards).
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
This is an office position with the need to move about the office at will. The position may require lifting of up to 40 pounds.
Incumbent must possess ability to work effectively with and for a wide variety of people while maintaining a courteous, friendly, and tactful manner. Incumbent must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $51,947 – $55,647 (prorated to 30 hours per week) plus exc. benefit/retirement package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Washington State Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)
- 11 Holidays and 2 Personal Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
- Employer Contribution to VEBA Account