Common Questions of Residents
How do I pay for Rent?
- AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROGRAMS
- Program participants are responsible for paying their resident portion of the rent directly to the landlord as outlined in their lease agreement.
- BWCHA will pay the rental assistance portion directly to the Landlord.
- SUBSIDIZED HOUSING PROGRAMS & PUBLIC HOUSING
- Residents are responsible for mailing rent to the addresses found here. DO NOT SEND THEM DIRECTLY TO BWCHA.
What is the move-out process?
Affordable Housing Programs:
Program Participants must provide an intent to vacate notice to their landlord in accordance with the lease and at the same time, provide a copy of the notification to BWCHA.
Subsidized Housing Programs:
Residents should notify their Housing Coordinator by the 10th of the month they are vacating. Notification after the 10th may result in the resident being rent responsible for the following month.
Is this a limited program?
No. BWCHA only offers permanent affordable housing opportunities that are not time limited.
How often does BWCHA recertify a household's income?
BWCHA conducts recertifications of household income annually.
Need to Re-Certify?!
Upon need of Recertification, you will receive information about the process from your Housing Coordinator.
If your Recertification Process has moved online, please click the following button to login to your account.